- Screen dimensions: 1920px x 1080px or higher (full HD or higher)
- Processor speed: 2Ghz / multi-core
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 5mb download, 1mb upload (per user)
- Screen dimensions: 1280px x 1024px
- Processor speed: 1.5Ghz
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 2mb download, 256kbps upload (per user)
Note: Please ensure the that the native scaling of your operating system is set to 100% zoom.
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP2/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2013
- Linux Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu
- Apple Mac OS X
- Oracle Java version 1.7+ (If using our Java client)
- HTTPS Access (Port 443)
- HTTP Access (Port 80)
Bandwidth Usage Calculator
The following information has been compiled to assist those who potentially have the need to understand the overall bandwidth consumption in using the Labs for example on metered connections.
This information is a guide only and user desktop configurations and personalised settings can dramatically affect the data references above.
Test Scenario (High usage):
- 5 minute test window
- Lab device client set at 1024x768 resolution
- Operating at high user interactivity
- Bandwidth send and receive recorded using AppNetworkCounter v1.40 from www.nirsoft.net"
|Scenario||High (measured)||Medium (inferred)||Low (inferred)|
|Product Name||Google Chrome|
Note: The data in the High column represents actual output from the AppNetworkCounter application. Medium and Low values are calculated values.
|Consumption calculator (Inferred)||Uploaded (MB)||Downloaded (MB)|
|1 user for 1 hour|
|Medium to High usage||1.99||164.00|
|Low to Medium usage||1.00||82.00|
|10 users for 1 hour|
|Medium to High usage||19.91||1,639.98|
|Low to Medium usage||9.96||819.99|
|30 users for 5 hours|
|Medium to High usage||298.71||24,599.63|
|Low to Medium usage||149.36||12,299.81|
Recommended latency to Practice Labs website < 200ms. Latency above 200ms will have an impact on the Lab device interaction experience. See Connecting to our Devices for more information.
HTML 5 Client
- Microsoft Edge 13 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Chrome 29 or later
- Firefox 52 or later
- Apple Safari 9.1 or later
- Internet Explorer 10 or later
We offer two technology methods to interact with the windows devices displayed in the Device Pane; Java and HTML5. See the below table for the supported browsers.
|Internet Explorer 10+||Supported||Supported|
|Firefox 52+||Not Supported||Supported|
|Chrome 29+||Not Supported||Supported|
|Edge 13+||Not Supported||Supported|
|Apple Safari 9.1+||Not Supported||Supported|