- Screen dimensions: 1920px x 1080px or higher (full HD or higher)
- Processor speed: 2Ghz / multi-core
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 5mb download, 1mb upload (per user)
- Screen dimensions: 1280px x 1024px
- Processor speed: 1.5Ghz
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 2mb download, 256kbps upload (per user)
Note: Please ensure that the native scaling of your operating system is set to 100% zoom.
- Microsoft Windows 8.1/10/11
- Linux Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu
- Apple Mac OS X 10.8+
- HTTPS Access (Port 443)
Bandwidth Usage Calculator
The following information has been compiled to assist those who potentially have the need to understand the overall bandwidth consumption in using the Labs for example on metered connections.
This information is a guide only and user desktop configurations and personalised settings can dramatically affect the data references above.
Test Scenario (High usage):
- 5 minute test window
- Lab device client set at 1024x768 resolution
- Operating at high user interactivity
- Bandwidth send and receive recorded using AppNetworkCounter v1.40 from www.nirsoft.net"
|Scenario||High (measured)||Medium (inferred)||Low (inferred)|
|Product Name||Google Chrome|
Note: The data in the High column represents actual output from the AppNetworkCounter application. Medium and Low values are calculated values.
|Consumption calculator (Inferred)||Uploaded (MB)||Downloaded (MB)|
|1 user for 1 hour|
|Medium to High usage||1.99||164.00|
|Low to Medium usage||1.00||82.00|
|10 users for 1 hour|
|Medium to High usage||19.91||1,639.98|
|Low to Medium usage||9.96||819.99|
|30 users for 5 hours|
|Medium to High usage||298.71||24,599.63|
|Low to Medium usage||149.36||12,299.81|
Recommended latency to Practice Labs website < 300ms. Latency above 300ms will have an impact on the Lab device interaction experience. See Connecting to our Devices for more information.
|Internet Explorer 11+||Supported until June 2022|
|Apple Safari 9.1+||Supported|